06/03/2015

Quilt Top Pattern: Block 1, Pattern&Templates for EPP

Part 1 of... about 6, or so?
Perhaps it would be smarter to stick to single blocks, but since smart is not what I've ever been known for I decided to go for an actual top this time :)

The blocks themselves aren't overly complicated, and probably better suited for stripcutting, but I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to that so I figured I'd stick to pattern templates.
I'm not quite sure yet what the best way would be to assemble it, but I think with the EPP method it should be possible to do all the blocks separately and add the (in this example: purpley) strips last.
All you experienced quilters please feel free to tell me off for being insane for even thinking that...

This isn't a sewalong as such, since it might not always be the best idea to sew up blocks as they are posted. The main reason I'm turning it into a multi-post project is because it's just too much to cram into one post :)

I hope it all makes sense so far, if not, feel free to let me know in the comments :)
free quilt top pattern and templates
The finished size will be about 1.60x1.60cm
(that is without any binding)
free quilt top pattern and templates
Block 1, 20x20cm 

free quilt top pattern and templates
Yep, there it is; smack in the middle :)

free quilt top pattern and templates
Templates for fabric
cutting, with 0.75cm
seam allowance
free quilt top pattern and templates
Templates for English paper piecing
free quilt top pattern and templates
Templates for EPP



No comments:

Post a Comment