Perhaps it would be smarter to stick to single blocks, but since smart is not what I've ever been known for I decided to go for an actual top this time :)
The blocks themselves aren't overly complicated, and probably better suited for stripcutting, but I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to that so I figured I'd stick to pattern templates.
I'm not quite sure yet what the best way would be to assemble it, but I think with the EPP method it should be possible to do all the blocks separately and add the (in this example: purpley) strips last.
All you experienced quilters please feel free to tell me off for being insane for even thinking that...
This isn't a sewalong as such, since it might not always be the best idea to sew up blocks as they are posted. The main reason I'm turning it into a multi-post project is because it's just too much to cram into one post :)
I hope it all makes sense so far, if not, feel free to let me know in the comments :)
|The finished size will be about 1.60x1.60cm|
(that is without any binding)
|Block 1, 20x20cm|
|Yep, there it is; smack in the middle :)|
|Templates for fabric|
cutting, with 0.75cm
|Templates for English paper piecing|
|Templates for EPP|